When it comes to video games, consoles, and other collectibles, then Gamestop is a name everyone knows. Another way you might know about Gamestop is because of its stock hike that topped the US market in 2021. With the NFT hype, Gamestop decided to launch an NFT marketplace to sell digital collectibles. Here’s all you need to know about Gamestop to NFT marketplace.
Gamestop is an American-based Electronic retailer company founded by Gary M. Kusin and James McCurry in 1984 that offers a variety of products and services in the gaming industry. It is one of the most popular companies that has stayed relevant for many decades.
From PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch games to Trade-In collectibles, Gamestop has pioneered the gaming industry.
What is Gamestop NFT Marketplace?
During the pandemic, Gamestop gathered record-breaking sales with its stock price reaching an all-time high, all because of its digital products and services for users. To ensure that they maintain their sales for a long time, Gamestop decided to launch its own NFT marketplace for the gaming industry.
Gamestop NFT platform is a marketplace where users can buy, sell, and trade NFTs. It is a space where creators, communities, and global brands from all over the world can showcase and sell their artwork in the form of NFTs.
The Gamestop NFT operates on Ethereum Network’s Layer 2 infrastructure and it is a non-custodial marketplace, which means people have full ownership over their digital assets.
The NFT marketplace has proven to be quite successful for Gamestop. On its first day of launch, the platform recorded a trading volume of 1,831 ETH ($2.7M) in trading volume and $45,000 in transaction fees.
As of now, GameStop has over 633 NFT collections listed on the marketplace. Currently, the marketplace has paused accepting new creators on its platform but the existing ones have made quite a record in NFT sales.
Gamestop NFT has introduced its own Gamestop Wallet. Users are required to create a Gamestop wallet to buy, sell, or trade NFTs on the marketplace. These wallets are directly connected to the Ethereum blockchain and users are required to transfer their ETH tokens on the Loopring Layer 2.
Note that, Gamestop NFT only accepts ETH coins as a mode of payment, so users are required to have Ethereum tokens before they make a purchase.
How does Gamestop NFT work?
Knowing that most of its customers might not be familiar with NFTs, Gamestop has designed its NFT platform with easy-to-navigate and friendly UI/UX design features.
The marketplace operates on Loopring Layer 2 in the Ethereum blockchain, so it has fast transaction speed and more scalability than the main network itself. However, since the platform is still operating a BETA version, some features might not be available to users.
Gamestop NFT does include a Stats feature where NFT collections with high trading volume are ranked and creators are also ranked based on how much they sold. Users can either pick NFT collections from there or if they know any NFTs specifically listed on GameStop, they can simply search for them.
As of now, Gamestop NFT offers in-platform NFTs, which means they are only available on Gamestop and nowhere else.
Top 5 NFT collections on Gamestop NFT
Now that you know everything about Gamestop NFT, here are the top 5 NFT collections on Gamestop NFT:
1. GMERICA 1 by GameStop
The GMERICA 1 by GameStop is a collaboration project between GameStop and artist ITZAH featuring an NFT collection of 8-bit idyllic cityscapes. This collection holds special meaning to Gamestop as it is the first NFT project to be listed on the marketplace.
If you are a fan of 8-bit artwork, then this NFT collection is the perfect embodiment of famous cityscapes reimagined in bit art. Although these NFTs are not authorized for commercial use, GMERICA 1 holds value because it is designed by a well-known artist.
GMERICA 1 by GameStop is the top-selling NFT collection with a total volume record of 675.01 ETH ($883K). For a collection that was launched only a few months ago, this is a good figure.
2. CYBER CREW [C4]
CYBER CREW [C4] is the best-selling NFT collection on the Gamestop NFT. It is a series of digital collectibles designed by 43 digital artists featuring cyber-themed metaverse ready characters and equipment juggernauts.
The collection on Gamestop consists of 126 1:1 NFTs of Crew Members with their own story, each having a no. of editions with unique rarity traits. Some of the NFTs from the Cyber Crew series include Clone Card, 10WORLDS, CAN-D, Cyber Cycle, Cyber Clone, and many more.
CYBER CREW [C4] NFT collection has recorded a total volume of 250.86 ETH, which is around $328K on Gamestop NFT.
3. Boop & Frens
Boop & Frens is an NFT collection from Betty Boop, the famous animated character by Max Fleischer and Grim Natwick. Having a long history of appearances, Betty Boop is a strong symbol of “independence, mutual respect, and universal acceptance.”
Boop & Frens is randomly computer generated, each having a unique set of rarity traits, making it unique from one another.
This NFT collection is especially popular because of its multi-layered utility in the metaverse. For fans, this NFT collection is an opportunity to own a piece of the legendary fictional star. It is among the top 3 best-selling NFT collections.
On Gamestop NFT, Boop & Frens have recorded 202.44 ETH ($264k) volume trade, which is a huge figure for any NFT collection.
4. KICK ASS VOL. 1
KICK ASS VOL. 1 is a series of NFT collections featuring hand-drawn artworks of the official Kickass comics exclusively available on Gamestop NFT. The NFT holders receive access to the John Romita Jr. ecosystem, who is also the illustrator of the comics.
Some of the NFTs in volume 1 include Kickass Classics, Kickass Warp Speed, Hit-Girl Rainbow, MFKR Chrome, and many more. Each NFT has no. of editions, which have unique attributes.
The KICK ASS VOL. 1 NFT collection has earned 168.18 ETH, around $219k, on the Gamestop NFT marketplace.
5. The Aftermath
The Aftermath is a project by Cavid MDW of the Cyber Crew exclusively available only on Gamestop NFT. It features futuristic, cyberpunk, 3D characters from all over the world.
The characters are humans with biomechanical parts that show the Aftermath of the world. For people who like Cyber Crew NFTs, this NFT collection is yet another reimagined storyline with its own characters and themes.
Based on Gamestop NFT stats, The Aftermath NFT collection has recorded 145.55 ETH ($190k) volume trade as of now.
6. Fruit Salad
- Fruit Salad is a collection of 61 uniquely generated NFTs as a collaboration project between EthPilot and The Farmlink Project.
- This NFT collection is based on a farming concept. The veggies and fruits NFTs are tokenized groceries with real-world grocery stores to promote farm fresh food.
- With the slogan of Crypto can solve world hunger! The holders have the utility to save food wastage and provide fresh fruits to millions of families worldwide.
- Fruit Salad has earned 110.64 ETH, which is around $150k in total volume trade.
7. KICK ASS VOL. 2
- KICK ASS VOL. 2 is the second volume of KICK ASS comics, illustrated by John Romita Jr., offers a variety of comic artwork NFTs for fans to buy
- Enter the John Romita Jr. ecosystem by becoming an NFT holder and enjoy the benefits.
- The NFT collection is a collaboration project with Gamestop’s Collectfest 2022.
- KICK ASS VOL. 2 has recorded 103.08 ETH (around $140k) of total volume trade.
- HyperViciouZ NFT collection is 6 NFT shoes, a collaboration between 3D artist Thed Holes, CyberFashion creator, and CyberCrew member.
- These NFT shoes are rich in utility as they lead holders to the metaverse and digital fashion.
- The Collection has sold a 99.42 ETH ($135k) volume trade.
- MetaBoy features a genesis collection of 10,000 NFTs.
- The artist combines the concept of gaming, pixel art, and technology to create harmonious pieces that represent the MetaBoy Universe.
- The NFTs look like small computers or gaming console screens avatars, easily grabbing the attention of gamers.
- The collection utilizes the $GME token for its NFTs
- MetaBoy has sold 89.53 ETH volume trade, which is around $122k.
10. 2D Animation Loops
- 2D Animation Loops ranks in the top 10 NFT collections on Gamestop Stats because of its high sales and demand in the marketplace.
- This NFT collection features 12 animated loops NFTs created by artist Sloppypencil who is also the Animation supervisor of the famous animated series Rick and Morty.
- 2D Animation Loops has recorded a total trade volume of 89.5 ETH, which is 116K in dollars.
Gamestop NFT for creators
Gamestop NFT offers creators an opportunity to showcase their talent in the marketplace. However, only the invite-only creators can mint NFTs on the platform. As of now, the applications for creators are closed, so users can only buy NFTs from existing creators.
To ensure that its marketplace only lists quality content, the Gamestop team closely looks at the creators and their portfolios before letting them mint on the marketplace.
Additionally, Gamestop NFT also has a ranking system for creators just like the NFT collections. Creators who make it to the top 10 are most likely to sell more and have loyal buyers than those who aren’t listed in the ranking. Some of the creators mentioned in the Gamestop NFT stats are:
How to buy NFTs on Gamestop NFT
Buying NFTs on Gamestop NFT is quite simple and only takes a few minutes of your time:
- Go to nft.gamestop.com
- Connect your crypto wallet, Gamestop Wallet, WalletConnect, or MetaMask.
- Move your ETH tokens from the mainnet to the Loopring network as Gamestop only supports ETH cryptocurrency in Layer 2.
- Search for the NFT you wish to buy and click on Buy Now. The marketplace will show the total amount needed to buy the NFT, including a 2.5% marketplace fee
- Select Check out to approve the transaction and you will be asked to pay the gas fee to complete the transaction.
- Once you see the “Transaction Complete” message, the NFT will be transferred to your wallet.
Partnership with Immutable X
Gamestop NFT recently announced the marketplace will soon be listing NFT collections from Web3-based games on the Immutable X, which is a layer 2 Ethereum scaling solution soon to be included with the GameStop NFT marketplace.
This means the users will be able to buy NFTs and other digital collectibles of Web3 games. Some of the games that you might be familiar with are as follows:
WAGMI Games is a blockchain-based play-to-earn with in-game NFTs and rare collectibles. It is a Tower Defense Mobile Responsive PvP Gameplay with rich utility in the NFT and native token.
WAGMI Games will soon be joining the Gamestop NFT marketplace as part of the partnership with Immutable X. This will allow players to buy, sell, or trade NFTs on the trading platform.
Gods Unchained is yet another play-to-earn Web3 game whose NFT cards will soon be available on the Gamestop NFT marketplace. The game allows users to collect NFT trading cards by playing games and then upgrade them to sell them online or for better performance within the gameplay.
The partnership between Gods Unchained and Gamestop NFT will bring PowerUp Rewards and also a chance to buy the upcoming Mortal Judgment: Light’s Verdict set exclusively on Gamestop NFT.
Illuvium is an NFT RPG game that offers rich utility to its users via mining, harvesting, capturing, and fighting Illuvials. It is a unique Web3 game that will soon be available on Gamestop NFT.
PlanetQuest is a metaverse game set in the 27th century when humanity left the earth and scattered on various planets and stars. Users own these planets and build them to become valuable assets through various quests and challenges.
PlanetQuest is coming soon on Gamestop NFT.
Ember Sword is another well-known MMORPG Web3 game with a free-to-play model set in a dystopian fantasy universe. It is a PvP and PvE game where users can own digital assets. Gamestop will soon be listing NFTs of Ember Sword on its marketplace.
Gamestop NFT is one of the authentic marketplaces currently trending in the NFT space. Although this trading platform lost popularity over the months, it is a good place for new investors and traders who are interested in gaming and futuristic themes.
Having a background in video games and consoles, Gamestop NFT is where gamers come to shop. If you like collecting various artwork of different themes, Gamestop NFT is a good option to consider as well. It has some exclusive collections that are not available anywhere.
However, only those who have ETH tokens can purchase NFTs from this marketplace. Gamestop NFT is yet to include other blockchain networks on its platform, so this is a drawback that might limit some people’s purchases.
For more information visit: