BGA Blockchain Game Alliance Survey & Report 2022 presents the overall growth, challenges, achievements, and future predictions about Blockchain Gaming over the year. Findings report a massive interest in blockchain from the traditional gaming industry in 2022 and will continue in 2023 as well.
Blockchain Game Alliance is an organization dedicated to educating about blockchain in the traditional gaming industry by gathering a community of developers, gamers, gaming studios, and other companies who wish to onboard Web3.
The new survey gathered data from BGA members and other professionals to report and analyze the industry through facts and figures. Here are the highlights of the survey:
The survey was conducted online with a 22-question form distributed among 347 experts and 252 Web3-based companies.
The survey wasn’t limited to just BGA members but was also posted on different social media channels and filled out in person by the attendees of the Philippine Web3 Festival in Manila, Philippines.
- According to the report, 65% of the participants are young adults in the age group of 25-35 working in different middle and top-management positions.
- The industry is massively dominated by Males (79.5%) compared to Females (19%) and Non-binary people (0.9%).
- The gaming industry is the biggest driver of blockchain adoption.
- Gaming dApps recorded an 85% increase from 2021 in Unique Active Wallet on a daily basis, estimated to be around 1 million.
- 89% still have career prospects within blockchain gaming even after one year from now
- WAX, ImmutableX, and Polygon were leading blockchains while Axie Infinity and Alien Worlds are the leading platforms in the space
- The Sandbox, Otherside, Illuvium, Phantom Galaxies, Star Atlas, My Neighbor Alice, and many more are the most popular metaverse projects of 2022.
- 67% think Play-to-Earn led to mass adoption in 2021 but lost its hype in 2022.
- Asset ownership was the key point attraction for players to adopt blockchain gaming as believed by 68.9% in the survey
- Compared to other regions, Asia ranked highest when it comes to gaming adoption in 2022
- One-third of Asian respondents consider that 40% of the gaming industry will adopt blockchain tech within a year
- DappRadar reports $7.4 billion in On-chain Game Transactions were recorded in 2022, seeing a 37% increase from last year
- $7.6 billion worth of investments were raised by Web3 gaming and metaverse projects in 2022 with the most recorded in the first quarter, which is 90% higher than in 2021.
- 51% of respondents picked Onboarding players and Accessibility as the biggest challenge of 2022
- Blockchain-based Games and Metaverse are highly likely to drive mass adoption.
- Participating experts predict that 2023 will be the year of big names of Traditional Companies and Studios joining the Web3 gaming and metaverse.
- When it comes to driving blockchain gaming forward, the majority (35.7%) consider Game Improvements while only 22.5% think Play-to-Earn will go strong in 2023.
- BGA survey also reported on a career in blockchain gaming. The findings indicate most participants are bullish about establishing their professions in the industry in 2023.
- Legends of Elysium co-founder Eryk Rutkowski says AI will be dominant in the blockchain sector, including in gaming while Ryan Day advocates Twitch streamers will lead to Web3 games mainstream adoption.
Blockchain Game Alliance also reported it gained 500 members in the organization who are actively participating in the development of the blockchain gaming sector.
President of BGA in the report said “These new members and the fact that there are more games being made than ever also means perspectives around adoption will continue to change as these titles ship in 2023.”
Check out the full report here: blockchaingamealliance.org/bga-2022-member-survey-report/