Bangkok, March 10, 2022 — SCB 10X, the venture building and investment arm of Siam Commercial Bank, has announced it will launch its first metaverse headquarters in the metaverse of The Sandbox. On March 11, from 2:45 to 11:40 am UTC, SCB 10X will host an Open House in the Metaverse event to unveil its virtual headquarters, joined by leading metaverse leaders for featured discussions and workshops.
“SCB 10X joined The Sandbox Series B investment round in November 2021 as a strategic partner and is now pursuing its strategy into the metaverse by opening its Land and experience in The Sandbox,” said Sébastien Borget, co-founder and chief operating officer of The Sandbox. “Its team is leading innovation in the digital assets space and we’re glad to see it exploring how a bank can grow a community in the open metaverse.”
At the time of launch later this year, SCB 10X’s virtual headquarters in The Sandbox metaverse will welcome visitors into an immersive world designed to reflect the past, present and future of Thai culture influential to SCB 10X development.
Here, visitors can travel through three uniquely crafted environments to attend virtual events, join SCB 10X product demos, share a virtual working space and assemble globally with the community. The headquarters launch aims to inspire collaboration, development and the exchange of ideas among the builder and creator community to accelerate innovation in the metaverse.
Mukaya “Tai” Panich, chief venture and investment officer of SCB 10X, said, “SCB 10X continues its mission to achieve exponential growth through venture building and investing in disruptive technology startups worldwide. Financial technologies of the future — such as blockchain, digital assets, decentralized finance and the metaverse — are core areas of interest for [the team] to explore. It believes that the metaverse will play an important role, enabling infinite creations in a digital world and shaping new frontiers for the economy of the future.”
Headlining speakers joining the fireside chats and workshop sessions at SCB 10X’s Open House in the Metaverse event include:
- Arak Sutivong, president of Siam Commercial Bank and CEO of SCB 10X.
- Panich, chief venture and investment officer of SCB 10X.
- Borget, co-founder and chief operating officer of The Sandbox, a virtual-world platform where users can build, own and monetize digital assets, including nonfungible tokens (NFTs), using the platform’s utility token, SAND.
- Gabby Dizon, co-founder at Yield Guild Games (YGG) and a game industry veteran with more than 18 years of experience. YGG is a play-to-earn gaming guild, providing opportunities for players all over the world to participate in NFT gaming and earn rewards.
- Rudy Lee, chief strategy officer at Zepeto, a global 3D avatar platform based in South Korea with more than 200 million users worldwide.
- Jinha Lee, co-founder and chief product officer of Spatial, a virtual space for the metaverse that allows users to collaborate from anywhere by virtual and augmented reality, using desktop or mobile. Users can create a lifelike avatar and view 3D models, presentations, videos and photos on the platform.
- Nicholas Adler, investment manager for Snoop Dogg, whose focus is digital business and NFTs. The team recently launched Snoop Dogg metaverse avatars in partnership with The Sandbox.
- Jatuporn Phummai, also known as Univoxel, founder of the Univoxel page and YouTube channel. Phummai is a voxel artist in The Sandbox’s creator fund with expertise in voxel art, GameMaker software and graphic design. Univoxel won fifth place at the VoxEdit Weekly contest in 2021.
- Krutomm Gamer, game creator and art lecturer. Their notable game developments include Zombie the Dead Survivour, top-10 winner of The Sandbox’s The Walking Dead Game Jam contest, and Kongky 21pts, winner of the Round21 Game Jam contest.
Registration for the Open House in the Metaverse event is free: sign up here.
About SCB 10X
SCB 10X is a holding company under the Siam Commercial Bank Group, founded in January 2020 with a “moonshot mission” to create long-term value through exponential technologies, innovations and investments via venture capital and venture building. The banking group’s tech arms under SCB 10X include Digital Ventures, SCB Abacus, Monix, Purple Ventures and tech companies to be invested in or founded in the future. For more information, visit the website or email the company directly.